The Journey of My Sarjana Pendidikan TESL @ UKM 2019/2020/2021/2022

Assalamualaikum wbt dan selamat sejahtera..

Alhamdulillah, syukur masih diberi peluang untuk berkongsi suka duka, pahit manis sepanjang menyambung pengajian peringkat Sarjana Pendidikan dalam bidang TESL di Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. These are based on true stories dan saya susun ikut time frame. The reason why I wrote all these because I want it to be remembered for the rest of my life and might be beneficial to others as well (if it is being read) HAHA. 

October 2019

I was discussing with my headmaster (HM) at that time regarding my intention to further my study as a part-time student after seeing a flyer from UKM. My HM said "Go for it. You are still young!"

Deep in my heart, memang nak sangat but I didn't have courage/motivation to execute it!!

November 2019

I made my own decision to go for it. Apa nak jadi, jadilah. HAHA. Then I joined UKM new intake telegram group and asked few questions that bothered my mind. I attended few briefings just to clear the air what am I supposed to do's and donts before being enrolled in this programme. 

December 2019

I filled in the registration form, got it signed by my HM and submitted to UKM via pos laju. I prayed that my journey would be eased.

January 2020

Received some notifications in Telegram that our applications can be checkd already. So I checked it and I am accepted! Syukur alhamdulillah happy first, miserable later.

February 2020

Got an official offer letter from UKM and I needed to prepare few things ie medical check up, fees etc. I called KK Segamat to book a med checkup and they asked me to come whenever I'm free. Syukur Allah mudahkan urusan. 

March 2020

I needed to go to UKM to attend classes. So I booked a room at Kolej Burhanuddin Helmi. I stayed for 3 days only then COVID-19 attacked us! Then PKP was implemented across the country!! HAHA

April - June 2020

I must complete my first semester so we had to undergo remote learning via ZOOM application which was new for us at that time. I surrendered so I e-mailed the faculty saying that I wanted to postpone my studies. Reasons; tiada motivasi nak belajar online dengan tasks/assignments banyak tak ingat dunia! Lepas tu Telegram lecturer nak tanya pasal tasks tiba-tiba kena marah sebab asking the same questions. HAHA (It was my fault anyway)

I was glad that they did help me by giving motivation. Told me to discuss with the respective lecturers and asked me to think thoroughly. So made my decision I wanted to finish this! Fast forward, completed my 1st semester with good results alhamdulillah!!

August - Disember 2020

My semester 2 officially began masa ni. The 'disaster' was coming!! HAHA. This was the toughest semester because I had to learn Research Methodology II subject and I failedddddddddddddddddddd!! I had to repeat the course. Masa mula-mula belajar course ni, rasa macam......

"what the heckkk!!" 

"apa aku belajar ni?"

Seriously subject ni sangat mencabar untuk orang yang lemah Matematik macam aku!! Dah lah belajar online kena hadap formula dia. Allahu. I dont know how to describe it!! So inilah semester paling disaster sebab gagal satu course and kena repeat to complete my credit! Redha je lah..

Best part for this semester, I got SILVER AWARD for my EDUINNOVATION under UKM. Syukur ada jugak manisnya untuk dikenang!

March 2021 - July 2021

New semester, new chapter. This was the part when I took 15 credit hours iaitu maximum yang boleh ambik!! Asalnya 12 sahaja tapi sebab repeat course, jadi 15. This time, aku nekad nak fokus betul-betul and passed the course. 

This semester was fun and less stressful walapun kena conduct 3 researches and publish two journal articles. Tapi okay je sebab my lecturer was really helpful and encouraging and she is my SV. I am glad to have her as my SV and would like to acknowledge her, Dr Harwati binti Hashim. Thank you so much Dr, truly inspiration!! Cut it short, it went well

September 2021 - February 2022

Last semester and I should finish this no matter what. Alhamdulillah dipermudahkan urusan sepanjang semester. Jujurnya saya rasa lost, tak yakin dengan diri sendiri yang betulkan ke aku sempat siapkan this research and submit on time. Syukur jugak masa tu PPN aka PKP tak boleh pergi mana-mana so I spent most of the time doing my work at least one page per day sometimes ada jugak one sentence per day. HAHA. 

But, eventually, I completed my write up and publish a journal article using my SV research grant. Syukur alhamdulillah for the rezeki. 


***********************************************************************************

So basically I have completed all the requirements for my masters studies and sekarang tunggu surat tamat belajar and tarikh konvokesyen. Yeay can't wait to wear that legendary orange robe! Semangat tengah ada ni so tetiba tengah reading information pasal Ph.D pulak. Teringin nak sambung belajar sampai Ph.D tapi kalau ada rezeki nak mohon under HLP KPM insyaAllah doakan semoga impian dan cita-cita ini tercapai! Berangan is free!!


Update on 27 May 2022:

Alhamdulillah received my Surat Tamat belajar from UKM Shape. Yeay can't wait to attend convocation this coming November!

Terima kasih UKM. Terima kasih ma, family, beloved one, SV, friends, colleagues, classmates and all of you! 

Sincerely,

Aizuddin Rojalai

27 May 2022



Comments

RinDa said…
Congratulations on your achievement! I have a question regarding the hostel application, do you have to apply it separately, and can we apply for the whole semester?

Popular posts from this blog

Panduan Untuk Guru Baru Posting

Temuduga SPP : Tahniah Anda Berjaya!